3.3 Hiring Policy and Procedures (Policy #35)
It is the policy of Council to always hire the most competent and qualified candidates available for a position. Accordingly, where there is a vacancy, an open competition is held combining both internal and external candidates. The employer recognizes the value of a planned approach to recruitment and selection whereby vacant or new positions are filled by the most competent and qualified candidates possible. The Policy and Procedures document (PDF format) outlines the recruitment and selection process.
Our vibrant community is seeking a motivated candidate to assume the role of Building Official / Fire Inspector for our Engineering Department on a one (1) year term, flexible contract.
The Town of Bridgewater is seeking Summer Staff to join our Recreation and Museum teams.
The Town of Bridgewater is seeking an experienced, passionate, individual to take on the role of Heritage Interpreter, Wile Carding Mill Museum.
The Heritage Interpreter provides basic visitor services and interprets the site and its collections
Are you a people-person with good driving skills? Are you interested in being a part of a new and exciting Town service? Join our team and become a casual bus driver with Bridgewater Transit.
If you are looking for employment that allows you to use your friendly and courteous personality to connect with your community, please apply today!
As the ideal candidate, you have:
• High School Diploma or equivalent (required);
• Completion of a defensive driving course (may be supplied by employer);
• A valid Nova Scotia Class 1 or 2 Driver’s license (required) and a clean driving record;
• Three (3) years of experience working in a service occupation dealing directly with customers;
• Five (5) years of recent driving experience;
• Ability to work in Canada;
• Driving experience in a public transit environment is an asset.